School Advisory Council
What is a School Advisory Council (SAC)?
- SACs bring together school stakeholders and individuals from local communities who share an interest in promoting student success. They provide parents/guardians, school staff, community members and when appropriate, students, with a voice to influence decisions that have an impact on student learning and well-being. As advisory bodies, SAC’s bring partners together to provide principals and regional centers of education (RCE’s) with advice that reflects the best interests of students from the point of view of the school community. SACs receive their authority from the Education Act (2018).
What are Duties and Responsibilities of the SAC?
The duties and responsibilities of an SAC include:
- Participating in the creation of the SAC Agreement and by-laws
- Collaborating to improve student achievement and well-being
- Providing feedback on school practices and initiatives
- Providing feedback on provincial policies
- Oversite for SAC grant spending decisions
School Advisory Council Agreement:
HRCE SAC Documents and Communications
How do I contact my School Advisory Council (SAC)?
- You can contact the School Advisory contact via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of our School Advisory Council (SAC) 2021-2022
- Susan White
- Regan McFarland-Hern
- Tanya Killam
- Jamie Ingram
- Lisa Oakie
- Natalie Fawthrop-Pooler
- Paula Oliver
- Nicole Hebb
- Sherrilyn Leighton
- Angela Conrad
- Cathy Baker
- Michel MacPhail
- Click here: HPCS Annual Report
Meeting Dates & Times 2021-2022
- September 13,2021-5:30 pm (In Person)
- October 18, 2021-5:30pm (Virtual)
- November 8, 2021-5:30pm (Virtual)
- January 10,2022-5:30 pm (Virtual)
- February 14,2022-5:30 pm (Virtual)
- April 11,2022-5:30 pm (Virtual)
May 9, 2022 -5:30 pm (In Person)
Please see attached.